Sunday 1 June 2014

I'll see you soon then

I had my date yesterday and haven't stopped smiling since. We went on a "dog walk" a few days ago to ease the initial awkwardness and ended up with no dog and talking non-stop for two and a half hours. He then came into my work with his friend for some lunch two days after. So when he picked me up at exactly 10am yesterday morning I couldn't get in the passenger seat fast enough. he took me to Go Ape and it was such a good first date idea. We were left to our own devices which gave us a chance to talk and really get to know each other. There's a lot to be learnt about people when you're throwing yourself between trees. We got to know each others' flaws and strengths and any similarities and differences we might have. He was surprised that by how well I handled it all seen as he was expecting (or hoping!) to have a damsel in distress on his hands, but I hope that he was more impressed by the fact that I was okay with it. I realised up in the trees that whenever he offered help, I turned it down unless I desperately needed it. I've become too independent and dealing with things all on my own, it took me a while to let my guard down and accept his help. After we completed the last zip wire it became apparent that the date had enabled us to complete something together, and have a shared experience.

After we'd completed Go Ape we went to this gorgeous country pub that he had booked us in at. It was called The Fishpool Inn and it was breathtakingly beautiful. He had put so much thought into the entire day that it overwhelmed me slightly. It was over our meal that I really began to let my guard down, it happened naturally and normally I wouldn't have let it happen but I'm glad that it did. The connection that we have is something that I've been missing for a long time, he stimulates me mentally and it's what I need. In the car home, it was a beautiful sunny day so we had the windows down and the music on, we were driving through beautiful woodland and I felt content. He dropped me off at work and I didn't want to say goodbye, I didn't know when I would see him again and all that I knew was that I wanted it to be soon. He text me half an hour later inviting me to stay with him in London in two weeks time for the weekend, I felt like a giddy schoolgirl once I'd read the text. I can't wait to see him again.

What I've realised about popular romances is that they are all based on the people being able to overcome anything in order to be with the other person. I'm going to brainstorm on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment